Saturday, July 25, 2009

i would like to share with you some of my early inspirations =)

unlike alot of people my age, they tend to focus ans idolize the famous artists throughout the world...in themes such as blood, gore...love and touchy subjects such as imagination and stuff. in the forms of paintings and installation art...

apparently, i see things in a different way, the world definitely as a funny and interesting side to it, everything does not have to be presented all abstract and deep in meaning...

i agree with dadaist and surrealist their tendency to create art as a product of chaos, art without meaning, the purpose of creation is for the sake of creating something impactful...that is open to opinions...

well, back in secondary school, i stumbled across this thru the internet
well, its a manga-version of the ever so famous rpg, world of warcraft...

what really caught me was the pose of the characters, how dynamic they are..yes...there are many comics outthere with a similar fashion...but i have just decided to pick this as a good inspirational source. It has that, degree of action, the colors are really fitting and pleasant to the eye, nothing bad... but thats not the thing that inspired me, it is the whole thing about cartoons, at that point i found out how representive cartoons can be...
during boring lectures, its a thrill to draw a cartoon character saying "wake up!" on my lecture notes, it puts a sense of accomplisment as well as self discipline in me...

ever since then i have tried to comeout with my style of cartoons, through my sketchbooks and stuff...

since that day i have tried drawing comic cartoons, be it manga or western, but my skills i just too bad of course...thats why i ended up with a super simple style of drawing cartoons, look, its all over my lecture notes...haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home